"We have toppled mighty empires. Laid waste to fearsome enemies. But today, we face a mission more important than any we've ever encountered... My Tim-Tim went bye-bye and I don't know where he is and I miss my Tim-Tim!"
Lord Hater accidentally recruits an alien hunter to help find his missing pet.
The episode opens with Hater storming into his room following a defeat from Wander. Then, Captain Tim jumps on Hater "playfully," cheering him up. Later, he storms in again after a defeat from Dominator, and again after she destroys his concert. Captain Tim cheers him up both times (all over the past season).
Finally, he comes to find Captain Tim gone. He searches all over the ship, but to no avail. Along the way, he runs into a strange Watchdog named Tim, who thinks he's being promoted to Captain. He calls the Watchdogs to a conference to find Captain Tim. However, everyone celebrates that the massacring beast is gone. Hater feels abandoned, and runs to his room.
Hater takes his search to the train station, asking around and putting up "lost" posters Not getting any help, he screams and surrounds himself with magic, scaring everyone away. However, Ripov stays behind, saying that she's seen that "thing." She tells Hater that she's been hunting that species a long time (causing Hater to think she's a dog catcher). Hater completely misinterprets the conversation, and hires the bounty hunter to find his pet.
On the way back, Ripov interrupts Hater's sad moment by looking for traces of Tim's DNA. Hater offers her Tim's favorite squeak toy (which looks like Wander). Ripov tells Hater that those spiders don't have a favorite anything, and doesn't care about him. The two start arguing over how bad morphs really are. Then Ripov's computer locates another trace of DNA, coming from the queen's planet, who is calling others for mating season. She explains that only the best will live to even see the queen, and Hater tries to assure her that Tim can take care of himself.
Ripov flies over the Arachnimorph planet, where Hater recognizes Captain Tim, who is knocked out. Ripov prepares for war, but Hater opens the door and lets some arachnimorphs in. They attack, and Ripov successfully shoots them down. She runs and yells that she'll blast every one of them, which worries Hater. Ripov prepares to shoot Tim, but Hater shoots the gun away from her. They face off, and Hater wins. He runs to get his pet, but Ripov interrupts him. Hater rolls them over a ledge, and a web breaks their fall.
The queen arrives to collect her new prey, but Peepers comes to rescue them with his drill. The queen traps him almost immediately. Then Wander shows up to save the day, but gets trapped too. Sylvia also arrives, but gets trapped. Right before the queen can finish them off, Captain Tim shows up, to...mate with the queen. Right before they kiss, Tim ties up the queen, frees Hater (and others), and comes to greet him. He laughs at Ripov for saying Captain Tim doesn't care about him, and Ripov admits that she's impressed. Tim then proceeds to scare everyone off.
For a full transcript of The Search for Captain Tim, click here.
|The image gallery for The Search for Captain Tim may be viewed here.|
Hater: But he was MY hideous monster that tried to maul everybody on the ship!
- The title card's font is similar to "The Pet".
- This is the fifth appearance of Captain Tim. ("The Pet", "The Little Guy", "The Eye on the Skull Ship", "The Bad Neighbors")
- The third time Hater hires a bounty hunter, although he did it by accident.
- When searching for Tim in the locker room, his tongue forms a broken heart, as seen in the link to this episode's gallery above.
- Hater's phone number is "555-01H8," which is partially leetspeak for "I Hate."
- The planet that Hater, Ripov, Captain Tim, Peepers, Wander, Sylvia and Tim (Watchdog) went briefly appears in "The Waste of Time".
- The robotic arm that Lord Hater received in "The Hole...Lotta Nuthin'" is briefly mentioned. This may possibly mean that Hater's amputated arm may still be blocking the black hole.
- Near the beginning of the episode before the title card appears, Lord Hater references the events of "The Rider", "The Greater Hater", and "The Show Stopper".
- Ripov is basically an Ax-Crazy version of Ellen Ripley from the Alien saga.
- While scanning Hater for Captain Tim's DNA, Ripov discovers that his right arm is mechanical, which references Luke Skywalker's mechanical arm in the Star Wars films.
- When Lord Hater runs towards Captain Tim in slow motion, the background music is actually the Romeo and Juliet Overture by Tchaikovsky.
- When Captain Tim was cuddling Ripov and Hater, Peepers, Wander, and Sylvia were saying "Aww", Peeper's arm was in front of Wander in a misshaped way.
- Keith Ferguson as Lord Hater
- Jennifer Hale as Ripov
- Tom Kenny as Commander Peepers
- Fred Tatasciore as Captain Tim
- Jack McBrayer as Wander
- April Winchell as Sylvia