"That... was... Amazing! *chuckle* They were all like, 'What, who was this guy!?' Ha! Then I was like, serious, then I was all, 'HURAAGH!' And then the lava was, 'whoosh', and they were all, 'AAAHH! NOO! WHYY!?' *chortle* What a bunch of dorks. This is going to be... Fun!"
She is the former lead in the Galactic Villain Leaderboard who takes pride in her mayhem the same way a bully enjoys messing with nerdy kids - and the whole galaxy is full of nerdy kids (according to Dominator herself).
Lord Dominator is a tall and humanoid pale-green skinned alien with white hair that has been shaved into a lengthy mohawk that is swept to the right side, bright pink eyes (sclera), red freckles, pointy ears, thick black eyeliner that is drawn on to resemble running teardrops and black lipstick.
When she is going into battle, her helmet's retractable, skull-like mask covers her face and her power suit transforms into a giant, brawny suit of mech armor that covers her from head-to-toe like a cloak.
Out of Battle
Dominator's power suit takes the form of a black crop top with spiked shoulder pads, a floor-length black skirt with thigh-high slits on each side, and yellow gloves just like Lord Hater's. She also wears a black helmet topped with giant serrated yellow horns, socks similar to Wander's and shoes similar to Lord Hater's. Dominator's insignia, a dripping red heart that looks like it was painted in blood, adorns the front of her crop top. (Although it is less noticeable, it can also be seen on her fully-armored form.)
In Dominator's giant mech armor, she is an imposing silent force who drains planets dry in order to use their resources, namely Volcanium X, to power her fleet and power suit. However, under her the mask, she is an overly-enthusiastic girl who absolutely geeks out over wreaking chaos and destruction. Dominator is just as hyperactive as Wander is, if not even more so, and frequently screams, laughs, and bounces around in excitement over her own evildoing. Despite her true personality, however, Dominator is a sadistic menace through and through. Rather than conquer the entire galaxy, she wishes to destroy it for her own amusement. Friendship is a foreign concept to her, so much that she initially believed it to be another word for subservience, and she quickly wrote it off as being "dumb and way overrated" after learning that friends aren't people who follow your every command.
As hinted at by Wander, the reason why Lord Dominator acts like such a "bully," i.e., ceaselessly torments Wander and his friends, is because she's lonely and wants companionship, albeit in her own cruel and antagonizing way. Although, she understands, in a way, that she longs for companionship, she continuously denies it.
Dominator's most prominent ability is her power over (Volcanium-infused) lava, being able to generate it from her gloves to fire as projectiles, shape it into different weapons, or change into her battle form at will. Her ship is equipped with a specialized drill that mines Volcanium X directly from a planet's core to serve as both fuel and material with which to manufacture her minions in on-board factories.
During the fight for the Ring of Invincibility, Dominator demonstrated the ability to fire an energy wave from her visor powerful enough to vaporize Lord Hater's ship in one shot.
Following the events of "My Fair Hatey", Dominator gained powers of ice and snow where she acquired these powers when Commander Peepers attempted to destroy her ship's core with his frostonium ray, not knowing that this could backfire. She still keeps her fire and lava powers and uses them in conjunction with this ability, making her twice as powerful. As of "The End of the Galaxy", she has become proficient in its use, shown when she created an ice sculpture decoy of Sylvia before immobilizing Wander in ice.
Dominator's abilities appear to be tied to her armor. While disguised as "D" in "The Night Out", she could not use her normal lava powers, but she was still strong and agile enough to hold her own in a fight.
As revealed in "The Flower", Dominator is not immune to common allergens or diseases. When the flower in question sprayed pollen in her face, she began to sneeze uncontrollably that it buys Wander and Sylvia time to escape.
Dominator's technology is also vulnerable to Lord Hater's lightning powers.
Lord Hater immediately became jealous of Lord Dominator's ship, weapons, powers and bots when seeing it all for himself firsthand. He tried to defeat her during their first encounter, but he was quickly overwhelmed by the force of her lava powers, and then forced to escape with Wander, Sylvia and Commander Peepers. He made it his goal to defeat her and reclaim the title of "Greatest in the Galaxy". However, this often proved difficult, as he cannot get over his obsession with destroying Wander.
During an all-out battle royale of villains for a powerful "Ring of Invincibility" in "The Battle Royale", Hater faced Dominator again, not knowing that the ring was made of candy, and that the whole thing was originally a plan conceived by Wander to hook the two villains up. (Dominator, however, knew that the ring was fake from the very beginning.) Hater did not know of Dominator's true identity until he successfully knocked off her helmet, and, in spite of the battle ending in his defeat, he then fell madly in love with her. This was a one-sided infatuation, as Dominator does not feel the same way and was even shown to be repulsed by his affections later on. In "The New Toy", she tricks Hater into giving her the keys to the H.A.T.E.R.V., and when he told her "I love you" she said "I know" with annoyance and disgust, confirming that she dislikes and doesn't return Lord Hater's affection or feelings, and that she only uses his crush on her to manipulate him. It is worth noting that she only seems to do so if she spots a good opportunity to make a complete fool out of him, and drops the act once she does. When Hater gives her flowers in The Bad Hatter, she reacts violently and tries to shoot down his ship.
In "My Fair Hatey", she laughs at Lord Hater for asking her out and calls him and Wander idiots for it and for believing that she would ever be interested in him. She tells them through a song that she is not a potential love interest or someone to be saved, but that she's "the bad guy" of the story and genuinely enjoys crushing others' hopes and dreams and doesn't care about anybody else. Hater finally realizes that she is not interested and resumes competing with her as the greatest in the galaxy.
In "The End of the Galaxy", Dominator was shocked to see Hater and his army fight against her so competently. She couldn't even believe it because she sees him as "a terrible bad guy". She took it upon herself to relentlessly insult and belittle Hater in order to discourage him from using his force field, but her plan fails once Sylvia begins a chant of "Hate's Great, Best Villain" to boost his morale, which powers Lord Hater with enough love and support from his allies to destroy her ship with her own planet-destroying drill.
Wander tries to make friends with Lord Dominator in the episode, "The Greater Hater." However, he was constantly ignored or tossed aside while she continued her attack on a planet that Lord Hater was planning to conquer. Wander was deeply upset by this and ended up telling her off for being rude and inconsiderate. He even goes so far as to say that he doesn't think she deserves a fruit basket, and doesn't think he wants to be her friend. When he finds out that she's actually a girl, Wander decides that he should try to pair her up with Lord Hater, hoping that it would cancel out all their evil if they fell in love. His plan semi-worked because Hater fell in love with her, but his affections were unrequited. In "My Fair Hatey", Dominator calls Wander and Hater idiots for thinking that she would ever be interested in dating Hater, or that offers of love and friendship would even mean anything to her (for being evil is what she truly loves). Through her villain song, she made Wander realize how cold and heartless she is, and that it's a terrible idea for anyone to want to romance her, but the song fails to convince him that she cannot change for the better.
As of "The End of the Galaxy", Wander remains persistent in his beliefs and once again tries to reason with Lord Dominator, seeing it as the right thing to do despite how scared and upset she makes him, only for Dominator to repeatedly refuse his offer of friendship and hold him captive. However, her resolve begins to crack as she is defeated by Lord Hater. Hit by the epiphany that Dominator is lonely, Wander finally understands her a bit better and once again offers her his friendship after saving them from the destruction of her ship. Dominator rejects his offer, unable to comprehend why he would still choose to treat her kindly, and vows revenge on them all.
In "The Rival", Lord Dominator allowed Emperor Awesome onto her ship so he could show her a secret weapon, not realizing Awesome's actual motive of trying to get her to go out with him. The "secret weapon" was really just Awesome showing off his muscles, which he had hoped would woo her. Unfortunately for Awesome, Dominator has no interest in him or any other guy. She only pretended to be interested in his display so that her actual response would be all the more effective. Dominator grabbed Awesome's leg and encased him in lava while stating that he was pathetic, and then trapped him in rock before kicking him away from her and blasting him. Initially, it was unclear as to whether or not Dominator had killed him; however, as it turned out, she was holding Emperor Awesome prisoner along with all the other villains she defeated, which was revealed in "My Fair Hatey". In "The Bad Neighbors" , it was shown that he had escaped her ship, but developed PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) from the whole ordeal, as he can't even say her name without getting freaked out.
Sylvia is enemies with Lord Dominator and usually has no qualms about fighting against her. In "The Night Out", however, Dominator encountered Sylvia while visiting a karaoke bar in disguise and struck up a friendship with the Zbornak, starting a bar fight in the process. Perused by the bar owner's goons, the two of them spent the whole night out together, having fun in the city while trying to evade their capture. After their fun-filled chase through the city came to an end, however, their friendship did too when Dominator refused to apologize to the bar's owner and attempted to seize control of his criminal empire. When Sylvia refused to join her and instead leapt in to save the bar owner from his own pit monster, Dominator left her to fight it off herself as punishment for her insubordination (believing friendship to be another word for subservience), reverting back to their usual antagonistic relationship. In "The Flower", Dominator couldn't even remember Sylvia's name before attempting to destroy her and Wander, and in "The End of the Galaxy," Dominator destroyed an ice sculpture of Sylvia to lure Wander out of hiding before proceeding to mock him for it. Though she had initially established a genuine bond with Sylvia during "The Night Out," Dominator had no qualms with trying to destroy her with her ship's drill in "The End of the Galaxy", and was even happy to do so, as it would mean destroying the last planet in the galaxy while making Wander suffer as much as possible. Had it not been for Hater's intervention, she would have succeeded in doing so.
- "The Rider" (Animatic only)
- "The Greater Hater" (First appearance)
- "The Big Day" (Mentioned only)
- "The Boy Wander" (Mentioned only)
- "The Axe" (Mentioned only)
- "The It" (Pictured only)
- "The Rager" (Pictured only)
- "The Good Bad Guy" (Pictured only)
- "The Battle Royale"
- "The Matchmaker"
- "The New Toy"
- "The Eye on the Skull Ship" (Mentioned only)
- "The Secret Planet" (Mentioned only)
- "The Bad Hatter" (Mentioned only)
- "The Show Stopper"
- "The Cartoon"
- "The Bot"
- "The Family Reunion" (Pictured only)
- "The Rival"
- "My Fair Hatey"
- "The Legend" (Pictured only)
- "The Bad Neighbors" (as a toy)
- "The Party Poopers" (Mentioned only)
- "The Hot Shot" (Mentioned only)
- "The Night Out"
- "The Search for Captain Tim" (Mentioned only)
- "The Heebie Jeebies" (Mentioned only)
- "The Sick Day" (Mentioned only)
- "The Sky Guy" (Mentioned only)
- "The Robomechabotatron"
- "The Flower"
- "The End of the Galaxy" (final appearance)
- Lord Dominator's armored form is seen as a silhouette in the end credits of "The Rider".
- Major Threat was originally a potential name for Lord Dominator, but it was deemed too "jokey" and the name was later used for another character. 
- According to Dave Thomas, Lord Dominator was originally conceived as a villain from an anime.
- Craig’s original pitch for Lord Dominator's armored form was that she would be the “Michael Bay” version of Lord Hater. In other words, what Hater would be like if Michael Bay were to make a gritty, live-action reboot of Wander Over Yonder; Hater, but way cooler and more extreme.
- In terms of personality, the writers wanted for Dominator to challenge each of the other main characters, so they decided that she had to be more evil than Lord Hater, tougher than Sylvia, smarter than Commander Peepers, and either more excitable than Wander, or just as excited about doing evil as Wander is about doing good.
- According to Lord Dominator's audition sides, "Dominator refuses to be typecast as "the girl."" This is expressed in the audition line in which she says, "Don’t you get it? I’m not the girlfriend. I’m not the damsel in distress. I’m the bad guy," which later served as the basis for her villain song in the show!
- This aspect of her personality voices how her character itself was handled and written; in Craig McCracken's own words, “Lord Dominator’s gender is not what defines her. If male characters can be all things, then it follows that female characters can be all things as well.”
- According to Francisco Angones, Dominator uses the title of "Lord" instead of "Lady" because she likes to mess with people, but was never hiding her identity or disguising herself, and has always referred to herself as Lord Dominator because "why can’t a woman be an evil overlord"?
- Noelle Stevenson confirmed during a charity stream that Lord Dominator was intentionally written as lesbian.
- The reason Lord Dominator's outfit resembled Lord Hater's was to irritate him, which was shown to have worked in her debut episode, where Lord Hater was clearly angered by her copying his look.
- Lord Dominator's bleeding heart insignia and fake mascara tears are worn as badges of honor, bragging about how much misery she’s caused.
- Dominator designed all her clothes herself. She also invented all of her technology and built her ship, bots, and power suit all by herself.
- Lord Dominator's skills in engineering are self-taught.
- Lord Dominator held every other villain in the galaxy prisoner except for Lord Hater and his army, as revealed in My Fair Hatey.
- The galaxy that the show takes place in is not the first galaxy that Lord Dominator's demolished.
- In The End of the Galaxy, it is revealed that the reason why Lord Dominator repeatedly tormented the other main characters instead of just getting it over with and destroying them whenever she had the chance is because she's lonely and craves the socialization.
- In The Night Out, Lord Dominator temporarily finds a friend in Sylvia, but ends up pushing her friendship away because she loves to cause pain and destruction above all else, and ultimately rejects Sylvia for refusing to follow her every command. She is shown to not understand the concept of friendship, believing a 'friend' to be someone who will do whatever she says, much like her robots. She currently doesn't care about the concept of friendship, or at least does not fully understand it, while still longing for companionship.
- Like Dr. Screwball Jones, (as well as Sourdough the Evil Sandwich, Little Bits, Mandrake the Malfeasant, and most other competitors for the greatest in the galaxy,) Lord Dominator is one of the few characters that Wander has been unable to befriend.
- Dominator's favorite music genre is Punk, namely Riot Grrrl, Hardcore, and Glam Punk.
- All of Lord Dominator's masked lines were recorded by Noël Wells and then dubbed over by Fred Tatasciore in order to match the exact delivery and nuances of her performance. This ensured that all of her lines sounded like herself!
|The image gallery for Lord Dominator may be viewed here.|
- McCracken, Craig. Fred Tatasciore is the voice of Lord Dominator. Retrieved on November 29, 2014.
- McCracken, Craig. Noel Wells is the voice of Lord Dominator's real form. Retrieved on July 12, 2015.